About Us

Living in different places and traveling have brought many wonderful people into our lives. This blog is a way that we can keep in touch with everyone. We hope that you bookmark this site and visit it on occasion, however if you choose to make it your homepage...we will not object. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Parade

I have been so bad doing posts this month. Must be the holiday season....busy, busy, busy. Things are going well but I have been very under the weather. For those of you that I haven't gotten back to in a while; I lost my voice and have been fighting a soar throat for quite a while now. Fortunately, I have seen a doc and been on antibiotics for over a week. I am not contagious but it has been a slow recovery. Last Monday I had to use a karaoke machine to talk to my students. They found that very entertaining. If it wasn't for the microphone, I don't know how I would have gotten through the day. I obviously took the next day off which happen to be my last day before winter break. I made it out to see all of my students on Friday and tell them I'd see them next year.

Anyways, at the beginning of the month John was in his first parade. We walked in the Yelm Christmas Parade with my school. It was a lot of fun. Yelm is a small community but growing rapidly. Every year they have "Christmas in the Park" and everything is free....Yes I said free. The whole community comes together for the parade and then in the park they have a huge bon fire, Santa pictures, music from the local schools, various arts and crafts, tons of things for kids to do, and hot dogs, popcorn, cookies, coffee, and hot coco for everyone. The superintendent of the Yelm Community Schools, principals, teachers, and other community members all pitch in to make this a wonderful community event. It is neat to see a community come together like this.










No comments: